Some users reported experiencing a peculiar issue with Origin. Upon opening the app, they get to a blank page, Origin not being able to load properly. Apparently, this issue could be caused by corrupted Origin files, app privilege, or internet connection issues.
One user provided his concerns with the Origin client on the dedicated subreddit.
Hi guys, I’m at my wit’s end here. I’ve been trying to install the origin launcher onto my computer in order to play apex legends, and I can’t get it to open no matter what I try. I’ve googled and done everything I could, and it seems like the solutions being provided only worked for some people.
Fortunately, we have a few solutions worth trying, meant to fix this annoying issue.
How do I make Origin client load UI?
1. Run Origin as administrator
- Right-click on the Origin desktop shortcut and open Properties.
- Select the Compatibility tab.
- Check the Run this program as an administrator and confirm changes.
2. Verify your internet connection
- Open your internet browser to see if web page loading performs fast, without interruptions.
- If you notice abnormal internet activity, hard reset your router/modem.
- If hard resetting your router/modem doesn’t make any difference, contact your internet provider and let them know about this issue.
- Always have your PC connected to the internet through a wired connection. Wifi connections tend to be less reliable.
3. Clear the Origin cache
- First, you need to close the Origin app, go to the Task Manager in order to make sure that the process isn’t running in the background.
- Press the Windows logo key + R on your keyboard > type %ProgramData%/Origin in the Run box and hit Enter.
- In the window that pops up, delete all the folders except for the folder named LocalContent.
- Press the Windows logo key + R on your keyboard > type %AppData% in the Run box and hit Enter.
- Roaming folder will open, there you need to delete the Origin folder.
- Click App Data in the address bar.
- Access the Local folder and delete the Origin folder located there
- Restart your PC and see if it fixed the issue
4. Reinstall Origin
- Navigate to Control Panel > Uninstall a program and uninstall Origin.
- Navigate to Program Files and AppData and clear all the remnants of Origin. Avoid deleting folders with games, or else you would need to redownload them.
- Reboot your PC.
- Navigate to the official EA Origin website, here, and download the latest iteration of the desktop client.
- Install Origin.
Hopefully, at least one of our solutions helped you fix the Origin loading issue. If you found this article helpful, leave a comment in the comment section below.
- [TECHNICIAN FIX] for error Your Origin client is too old
- Can’t add friends on Origin client? Here’s how you can fix that