Yesterday was one other patch Tuesday, and this time Microsoft rolled out some updates that repair some extreme safety flaws. A complete of 28 fixes have been rolled out, included amongst them is the zero-day exploit for Web Explorer 6-11 generally known as CVE-2013-3893. This sequence of patches marks the 10th anniversary for Microsoft’s patch Tuesday schedule. After all, the vast majority of the vulnerabilities patched right now might be prevented through the use of primary laptop safety widespread sense.
If you’re operating Home windows just remember to replace your PC! Directions for Home windows 7 | Home windows 8. Hyperlinks to the person data base articles might be discovered inside every safety bulletin in addition to directions for mass deployment over WSUS and different instruments.
Listed below are the main bulletins that have been launched together with the patches.
- Safety fixes for Web Explorer together with zero-day exploit patch.
- Fixes a number of Home windows kernel vulnerabilities when opening content material that embeds contaminated OpenType or TrueType font information.
- Patches .NET framework exploit which allowed web sites containing hacked OpenType fonts to entry the system.
- A patch for ASP.NET which allowed it to execute distant code by means of net functions.
- Microsoft SharePoint server distant code execution patch.
- Disables a distant code execution vulnerability in Microsoft Excel.
- Just like above, for Microsoft Phrase.
- Privateness flaw in Silverlight Cloud.
The complete listing of safety bulletins might be considered on the Technet web site @microsoft.com, nevertheless those linked above are all that have been launched this week.