Of late, Windows 10 users who convey been facing some problems, may convey read a lot of time, run this or that ascendancy inwards PowerShell to fix this or that problem. While almost of us are familiar alongside the Command Prompt as well as know how to run Command Prompt every bit an Administrator, non many seem to live on knowing how to open an elevated PowerShell prompt. This, I gathered from the several comments I convey been reading here as well as at our forum. So today, I volition present yous how to open an elevated PowerShell prompt, as well as run it every bit an Administrator, inwards Windows 10.
Windows 10 ships alongside PowerShell v 5. It is a command-line rhythm out as well as scripting language, built on the .NET Framework, designed for arrangement administration, information technology professionals as well as developers.
How to kickoff or run PowerShell
- Search for powershell inwards Start Search as well as striking Enter
- Via WinX Menu if yous convey opted to display PowerShell instead of Command Prompt
- Type powershell inwards Run prompt as well as striking Enter
- Type powershell inwards Command Prompt as well as striking Enter
- Open Task Manager > File carte > Run novel task. Type powershell as well as striking Enter.
How to opened upwardly an elevated PowerShell prompt
To opened upwardly an elevated PowerShell prompt, inwards the taskbar search, type powershell.
Now run across the lawsuit Windows PowerShell which appears on the top. Right-click on it as well as choose Run every bit Administrator.
The UAC prompt volition inquire yous for your consent. Click yes, as well as the prompt volition open.
An elevated PowerShell prompt volition display Administrator: Windows PowerShell on the move past times inwards the prompt’s border.
- You tin hand the axe too opened upwardly Task Manager > File carte > Run novel task. Type powershell as well as choose the Create this chore alongside administrative privileges cheque box as well as click OK to opened upwardly an elevated PowerShell prompt.
- Press Shift+Ctrl+Alt as well as and hence click on the PowerShell icon to opened upwardly PowerShell every bit administrator.
Bonus tip: Know how to detect out Which version of PowerShell yous are are running?