Samsung manufactures all kinds of electronic equipment including Smartphones, refrigerators and Television. Samsung’s Televisions attracts consumers due to their magnificent Screens, easy to use interface, streaming app integration and Smart connectivity. However, quite recently a lot of reports have been coming in of the Television’s Remote Control not working except for the Power button.
In this article, we will discuss some of the reasons due to which this problem can be triggered and also provide you with viable solutions that will ensure complete eradication of the problem.
What Prevents Samsung’s Remote Control From Working Properly?
We investigated the issue and devised a set of solutions that solved the issue for most of our users. Also, we looked into the reasons due to which the error is triggered and they are as follows:
- Interference: If there are other electronic equipment such as lights, mobile devices, radios, etc. in front or by the side of the television the electric signal from the remote might be distorted so it is always a good idea to remove such devices from near the Television.
- De-Synchronization: In some cases, the Television and the remote might get de-synced from each other due to which the remote might not be functioning properly or the television might not be registering the electric signals provided by the remote.
Now that you have a basic understanding of the nature of the problem we will move on towards the solutions. Make sure to implement these in the specific order in which they are provided to avoid conflicts.
Solution 1: Power Cycling the Television
Sometimes, if certain launch settings of the television are re-initialized it can kick start the functionality of the remote control. Therefore, in this step, we will be completely reinitializing the TV configurations by power-cycling it. For that:
- Turn the TV on and unplug the power directly from the socket.
- Press and hold the TV’s power button for 30 seconds.
- Plug the power back in and turn the TV on.
- Try to use the remote and check to see if the issue persists.
Solution 2: Re-Syncing the TV and Remote
It is possible that the Television and the remote got de-synced due to which the Remote’s signals are not being registered by the television. Therefore, in this step, we will be re-syncing the remote and the television together. For that:
- Turn on the TV and move approximately 10 inches away from it.
- Point the Remote at the bottom right side of the Television.
- Press and hold the “Back” arrow key and the “Pause” button until the “Pairing Complete” message appears on the TV screen.
- Use the remote and check to see if the issue persists.