Microsoft latterly rolled out a safety update, as well as it seems many are sense issues pairing, connecting, or using for certain Bluetooth devices after installing safety updates. These safety updates are of import every bit they closed safety vulnerability past times intentionally preventing connections from Windows to unsecure Bluetooth devices. However, if Bluetooth connectivity is something yous cannot run without, hither is what yous tin do.
Affected Security Updates
The next latest cumulative update (LCU) as well as Monthly Rollups released on June 11, 2019, or after for the affected platforms volition sense the novel behavior:
- KB4503293 or after LCU for Windows 10, version 1903.
- KB4503327 or after LCU for Windows 10, version 1809 as well as Windows Server 2019.
- KB4503286 or after LCU for Windows 10, version 1803.
- KB4503284 or after LCU for Windows 10, version 1709.
- KB4503279 or after LCU for Windows 10, version 1703.
- KB4503267 or after LCU for Windows 10, version 1607 as well as Windows Server 2016.
- KB4503291 or after LCU for Windows 10, version 1507.
- KB4503276 or after Monthly Rollup for Windows 8.1 as well as Windows Server 2012 R2.
- KB4503285 or after Monthly Rollup for Windows Server 2012 as well as Windows Embedded 8 Standard.
The next Security Only updates are also affected:
- KB4503290 for Windows 8.1 as well as Windows Server 2012 R2.
- KB4503263 for Windows Server 2012 as well as Windows Embedded 8 Standard.
These safety updates address a safety vulnerability past times intentionally preventing connections from Windows to unsecure Bluetooth devices. Any device using well-known keys to encrypt connections may last affected, including for certain safety fobs, says Microsoft.
Advanced users tin verify if their device is affected past times checking the Event Log for the next event:
|Event Source||BTHUSB or BTHMINI|
|Event Message Text||Your Bluetooth device attempted to found a debug connection. The Windows Bluetooth stack does non let debug connexion piece it is non inwards the debug mode.|
Some Bluetooth devices create non twosome or connect
The safety update has affected a bulk of versions of Windows 10 including 1903, 1809, 1607, 1507, Windows 8.1 as well as Server 2012, as well as if yous confront this issue, yous basically accept 2 options:
- Update Bluetooth drivers
- Uninstall Quality Updates.
1] Update Bluetooth Updates
Driver as well as Security Updates as well as OEM updates for their devices become paw inwards hand. The chances are that your Bluetooth device has an update every bit well. You tin search it from inside Windows Update to download the latest version of driver from OEM websites as well as install it.
2] Uninstall the Security Update
If necessary, yous may temporarily uninstall these updates. However, yous are also exposing the reckoner to a Bluetooth vulnerability.
- Go to Settings > Update as well as Security > Windows Update
- Click on View Update history > Uninstall Updates
It volition opened upward to a greater extent than or less other window where all recent updates are listed. You tin double click on it, as well as select the concerned update to uninstall.
I promise this industrial plant for you, as well as yous tin connect amongst the Bluetooth devices without whatever issues.